Confessions of a Confused mind

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Am I selfish?!

Or

Is it that the world around me has turned selfish?!

.. Sometimes such questions trouble me, make me think and leave me in a confused state of mind with unanswered questions. Even if I choose to answer them, it will end me up nowhere. If I conclude with 'I’m selfish’, it shows I’m a pessimist. but if a choose the second option, 'Considering' that others are selfish... I’ll be left with no other awful thing to do! It will be like following the 'offense is the best defense' policy !


Recently, I happened to call a friend of mine.

Call 1 -

Me: Hey! :) How are you doing?

She: I'm fine, good ! So...

Me: you should tell me... howz life and et al?!

She: Ya, great... what else? Tell me up?

(Basically, she meant what’s UR purpose of calling?)

ME: Nothing much... Just called to say 'Hi'!
...

..Though this call went on for sometime, I hated the way it started. Is it that nowadays people don’t call each other without a purpose? Can’t a friend just call to find out how the other is doing?

Clearly & thankfully, the answer to such questions is 'NO.'
But it just hurts to be at the receiving end!


Call 2-

Me: Hieee :)

She: Hey, how are you?

Me: I'm fine. How about you?

She: fine, when did you come?

ME: Yesterday morning...

She: okay... so, tell me...

Me: Ah, Nothing... just thought of saying a Hi.
...

:|


Not Again!

Now, I don’t know if it’s me who is fussing over it too much!!
Don’t know if it’s completely right to ask always the caller immediately the 'purpose' of the call. To me, it’s just an odd feeling, which people gift unknowingly.

Or

May be, I should just start Accepting things rather than Expecting!

Love.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

strange, read this...

http://nairsjottings.blogspot.com/search/label/accident

(gr8 minds think alike?)

Wap said...

Timing is all that matters.. Suppose U call me in a middle of a shitty work, I guess thats how I mite reply too.. [or I guess so.. ]

Bhuwanesh said...

Ya its true but only related to a context only. Well inspite of being into software profession, inspite of being very busy and hectic still there are few frnds of mine who call me up or rather i call em up too only to pass a "hi" word and ending up in a nice conversation. Friendship remains foreever its just the way u take the things and more importantly the context in which u r talking the other person, work which he is doing or mood he is into. But still we have to respond well as the caller dont know which mood we are in.

Nebula said...

@ Wap
@ Bhuwanesh -
Thanks for ur "Gyan"..
But, guys this is my blogspace, so better write less and appretiaite more !! :P

Anonymous said...

hi!
I regularly follow ur blogsand it's gud. wen will u post ur next blog. plz do it soon. I'm waiting for it.

samar said...

Ki ho gaya kudiye...wassup with u...seems havent posted in eons.

Unknown said...

So when are u going to call me for no reasons NEEHA

i m waiting for it from the past 5-6 years